Hey there! Do me a favor and pinch yourself...just want you to know you are NOT dreaming. It is indeed February and COVID has taken up some portion of your headspace for about a year now. But you should seriously be proud, because you’ve handled yourself with as much grace you could possibly muster this year! With that being said, there’s no denying how uneventful day to day life has become (anyone else’s daily highlight involve walking to the mailbox?). It’s almost like we have to relive the same day over and over again…which is exactly the plot of a 90’s movie called none other than Groundhog Day!
So today is an ultimate satire and we’re really amused by that (mildly lame, but let us get excited about the little things!). In honor of Groundhog Day – the movie and the day – here are our recommendations if you’re looking for new content to keep you occupied and break up the monotony of our day-to-day routines!
Mood: Dark, Ominous, Suspenseful 🙀
- Ozark (crime TV drama)
- Black Mirror (thriller)
- Wild Wild Country (true crime documentary)
Mood: Witty, Raunchy, Quirky 🤣
- Big Mouth (adult animation)
- Arrested Development (sitcom)
- The Good Place (sitcom)
Mood: Thought-provoking, Cerebral 🤔
- The Social Dilemma (documentary)
- The One I Love (dark comedy)
- Cuties (French drama)
- I’m Thinking of Ending Things (drama)
- A Promising Young Woman (thriller/dark comedy)
Mood: Funny, Feel-good, Exciting 😆
- The Disaster Artist (comedy)
- Fundamentals of Caring (comedy)
- Hunt for the Wilderpeople (adventure)
- The Lovebirds (comedy)
- Okja (adventure)
Mood: Black History Month! ✊🏾
- Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom (drama)
- BlacKkKlansman (crime comedy)
- Soul (animation)
- Snacks Daily (business, finance)
- Big Conversations with Haley Hoffman Smith (self-help, how-to)
- Martin Hewlett’s Calming Anxiety (guided meditation)
How many of these suggestions have you seen or listened to? What are your top recommendations? Let us know by commenting below!
Happy Groundhog Day and cheers to the start of Black History Month!